Monday, February 21, 2011

Sketchbook Project: in Brooklyn!


Opening Reception.............Barnaby Whitfield with my book

The Sketchbook Project 2011 has begun. Thousands of books are on hand for perusal along a number of themes from artists around the world!

They will be in Brooklyn until the 27th and will then be on their way on an eight city tour over the spring and summer.

It's an interesting experience; you walk in, get a library card, then check out sketchbooks by artist or theme or just randomly. You get two at a time then return them and get more. I think half the experience is just walking around glancing over people's shoulders at the books being leafed through.

I've got some scans up for those who are geographically challenged.

For those in NYC, get out and see. It's free. And I get an email on my phone every time someone looks at my book!

No comments: