Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Paper Zinnia


 I made a paper zinnia.



 I don't have it anymore because I gave it away tonight on stage to David Byrne after dancing like a banshee during the encore at Amanda Palmer's show in Brooklyn.


photo via @drawnfrom
Here is the paper flower still in my hair as I do my best gogo dancing to Burning Down the House {pink shirt on the left}
photo via @marciocaparica
here, he's holding it in his left hand with his guitar (you can't see it, but I saw)

I can't even begin to describe my gratitude for David Byrne being on this planet doing what he does.  I will say Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues was my first album ever... at age 7.  From there on, words fail and paper petals pick up the slack.

much gratitude to amanda palmer and superkate


UPDATE - :)


No comments: