Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Memories: A roof garden

Spurned on by Barnaby's blog post about his gorgeous garden
I was prompted to share my own little green paradise.

I don't have a yard. at. all.

So, this past summer, I took to trying to put one in milkcrates atop the pizza parlour. There was a lot of wind and too close with the planting so all the plants were interestingly dwarfed. I had six inch tall delphiniums with weensy little flowers on them. I'm not sure I'll be trying again next year. Getting a plot in one of the urban community gardens is more likely...


6 comments:

Barnaby said...

No no don't give up! (although community garden WOOHOO!)

You should do those 'strawberry pots' fullllll to dripping of succulents and the like just for the oh look there are plants on the 'balcony' factor!

dawrf indeedy!

Unknown said...

Is it legal to dangle hanging planting from a fire escape?

Barnaby said...

maybe not...

umm as long as it's not blocking passage?

Barnaby said...

by the way my delphiniums (which were pretty puny honestly) seeded EVERYWHERE and have all come up already.

Unknown said...

delphiniums in january.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIIIEEEEE!!
[hysterica hysterica]

Barnaby said...

bah..just went out again (once rain stopped) ..twernt delphinums atall. So now am very muddy after doing some weedin'...

POST MORE ART WORK WOOOHOOO!