Friday, March 11, 2011

Sketchbook: Changing of the Guard

March 5th - I finished my sketchbook. Filled. I started that one the day of my first invited audition with Cirque du Soleil in Chicago in early December of 2009. A day equally full of joy and heart-wrenching disappointment. A day blessed by a cascade of pigeon feathers from a feasting hawk. An event to be repeated in the summer the first time I ran through my first solo show in front of people in preparation for the show's premiere and my move back to New York City. A big year.

THE OUTGOING
Finished over coffee at my favorite neighborhood cafe with some shiny new markers I got a few days before...
A really great sketchbookfriend. Feel free to relive the magic.


THE INTERIM
A small book a carried for a few days between books. These prismacolor markers are so exciting...


THE NEW
Here, my new sketchbook is receiving its new armor. I love these type because it oscillates between white and beige pages. And its big enough to house my marker experiments. I've made a wax paper sleeve for the pages underneath so I won't mar things with bleedthrough. ...and so it begins...


SPEAKING OF SKETCHBOOKS...
Mine is in a truck with 10,000 others on the way to SXSW Saturday and Sunday. If you are in Austin for the festivities, check it out. Ask for mine by name. xx

No comments: