Sunday, May 11, 2008

Whorelando: week two


.....Fig. 1.......................................................Fig. 2......

.....Fig. 3.......................................................Fig. 4......

Fig. 1 - Stardust Cafe. A bit of solace from the craziness. A friend of Neptune works here. It felt much more home-like than anything else thus far.

Fig. 2 - Local foliage

Fig. 3 - The high-end healthy grocery store. They pipe in 'the greatest classical hits' and have an entire candy isle featuring a variety of jelly beans you can purchase in a plastic honey bear jar. No soy cream cheese, mind you. It's like aliens came and tried to figure out the proper way to do 'fancy health food store' and this is what they came up with.

Fig. 4 - Along those same lines, the staff "grill" at universal features some bizarre arrangements of plastic vegetables either standing upright in some sort of clear lucite substance or just jammed into a big glass jar. They simulate the actual flavor and constancy of the food vended below.

So I'm settling in okay. I'm missing my film camera. None of my digital devices capture crisp focus. I'm sending off the very last of the gene wilder t-shirts today. Since I got orders for six within the last week, I'm wondering if there will be a call for a second run. Sending jeremy off his booby drawing too. I hope I can scan it before it goes. Meanwhile, I have some sneaky plans involving a purse I bought at target and a certain weensy video camera. I need to see if there's night vision on it. we'll see. {dun dun Duhhhhhh}

No comments: